Fingerprints & Background

Many Ohio employers, both public and private, are required to perform background checks on new hires and individuals obtaining professional licenses. The Attorney General's Office's Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) completes such background checks by comparing fingerprints received against a database of criminal fingerprints to determine if there is a criminal record. All fingerprints must be submitted to BCI through WebCheck or card scan unless exemption reasons are met.


At this time, the Englewood Police Department does not have the capability to provide WebCheck fingerprinting services. We can provide you with a list of businesses that offer WebCheck. We can provide rolled/inked prints (must have a photo ID) on Tuesday and Friday between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. For Englewood residents or employment within the city, there is no charge. For all others, the charge is $15 per card. Local (City of Englewood) background checks can be done Monday through Friday from 8 until 4 p.m. and are no charge for residents. Photo ID required.

Copies of Reports

Auto Accident or Crash reports can be obtained here.  Please allow up to 72 hours for completed crash reports to be posted online.

To obtain copies of other police reports, please use the online request form.

Other police records requests can be made by calling our Records section at 937-836-1194 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.  There is no charge for copies of reports.

Lockout Service

We provide this service to both residential and business addresses. Just call the non-emergency number at 836-2678 and advise the dispatcher of the year/make/model/color and location of the vehicle. Approach the officer when you see him in the area.


Englewood currently dispatches for the City of Englewood Police and Fire Departments, City of Union Police and Fire Departments, Village of New Lebanon Police and Fire Departments, Brookville Police and Fire Departments, Jackson Township Police Department and Farmersville Fire Department.

Parking Tickets

The City of Englewood has active Parking Enforcement Officers who patrol the city looking for parking violations including handicap and fire lanes. If you feel you have been cited in error, you can contact Police Administration to be scheduled to attend Traffic Violations Bureau at the Englewood Government Center on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.

Old Firearms & Ammunition

The following nearby businesses will accept unused ammunition and may purchase firearms that are suitable for resale: Olde English Outfitters, 937-667-3315; Vandalia Range and Armory, 937-387-0485; Vandalia Tactical, 937-264-8432

Expired & Unwanted Medications

A drug drop-off box is located in the police department's lobby, accessible 24-hours a day. Simply combine all your unused medications into a Ziploc bag and drop it in the green collection box. No liquids, needles, aerosols or ointments accepted.

Tornado Sirens

The tornado sirens are tested the first Monday of each month at 12 p.m.